Saturday, August 21, 2010

A Landscape of Emotions - Master the Techniques of Portrait Photography

"A portrait is a painting, a photograph, a sculpture, or other artistic representation of a person, in which the face and its expression is predominant. The intent is to display the likeness, personality, and even the mood of the person."



I've always been fascinated with portraits. I love looking at details of a person's face -- the eyes, the mouth and everything that curves when a person smiles (or frowns).


I always make it a point to get a close shot of someone whenever I can. I believe that with the right twist and turn, everyone can be beautiful.




I'm not endowed with the a lot of time to shoot people in a controlled environment. I always find myself in lifestyle events where everything is just.. FAST. I'm not complaining though. I like the spontaneity of fashion shows, concerts, parties and the like.






I've been having a lot of creative image kicks lately.

But I just can't put everything away in an instant.
School demands a lot of time from me. I can't just do it all. I want to, I can, but I should not.
Catch my drift?
*sigh*

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same."
From a friend's FB status. LOL.
So yeah, here's something that I would love to join but I just can't.

A Landscape of Emotions 2: A Manny Librodo Workshop in Cebu with Kharu and Sarita.

Click the photo for details.

"Everywhere is something which could be beautiful. You must only to see and to know what and how to take off, to crop from the infinity. Abstract, fine art, nature, landscape and portrait photography."
Florin Constantinescu


Links:
*Definition of a portrait - Wiki
*The Master - Manny Librodo