Sunday, June 21, 2009

Hobby Convention 2009

For the first time, I witnessed a cosplay event at Parkmall, Mandaue City yesterday, June 20, 2009.

There were a number of people in costumes, including kids, as well as people from the media.

Pretty :)

It was definitely something new for me.


I had fun taking photos of random people, looking at them and admiring their creativity and passion.

For those who have not been there, I welcome you to the first Hobby Convention (HobCon) in Cebu by Cane Events.



The cutest cosplayer.



Interesting, huh?



Please enlighten me.
Who are the characters they're portraying?
Haha!


 

So, what do you think? :)


And yeah,
 
 Toni and I had a chance to have a pic with these cosplayers and..

with this cutie. :) 


Aside from the cosplay, there was also a toy exhibit featuring, yes, toys.
HAHA.





Take a look at the people and all those guns.




Special Thank you's:



Jorich Ponio aka Webslave for telling us about the event.





Abi, Toni Marie and Hester Renel: my groupie.


And most of all,
Hester Renel Lim Palma.

Postscript:
  •  Cosplay -- short for "costume roleplay." It is a type of performance art whose participants outfit themselves, with often-elaborate costumes and accessories, as a specific character or idea. Characters are usually sourced in various Japanese and East Asian media, including manga, anime, tokusatsu, comic books, graphic novels, video games, hentai and fantasy movies. Other sources include performers from J-pop, J-rock, visual kei, fantasy music stories  (such as stories by the band Sound Horizon), novels, and objects from cyberspace or the real world that are unique and dramatic (especially if they have or can be given an anthropomorphic form). Source: Wiki
  • Totally unrelated to this post, but equally important -- The Filipino Blog of the Week. I am overly SURPRISED when I read my chatbox. I was informed that my blog (http://nowieh08.blogspot.com) is one of the nominees for The Filipino Blog of the Week, Year 4, Week 166. I had no idea that somebody would notice my site. Amazing huh? Hahaha! Having been nominated is already an honor. But if you think I deserve it, please do check out the website and vote. Hahaha!
         TTFN.