Sunday, July 5, 2009

What's Your Page Rank?


I blog-hopped again today just to divert myself from the anxiety for our first Block Exam on Tuesday.
We'll have a test covering Modules 1 to 4
(not to mention the last module exam that we will have tomorrow).
Arggh.
So anyway, as I was blog hopping, I noticed that some of the sites that I visited have their page ranks on their sidebar.
I actually checked my page rank a few weeks ago.
It was 0, so I didn't bother pasting the code in my homepage.
Haha.
For the fun of it,
I checked my page rank again today at What's My Page Rank.net.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


I was astounded.



A page rank of 2 out of 10.
Even though I don't know much about page ranks, 2 sounds better than 0, right?
Hahahaha! :D
I wasn't contented, so I checked again from another site.
I found iWeb Tool.com's Page Checker.
This tool is quite impressive because it does not give you a rank from a single site,
but a total of 33 data servers.
When you're in doubt, you can definitely check out this site. :)
I got a rank of 2 from 5 data servers.
The other servers were down (maybe under system maintenance?)
 I'm too lazy to understand the algorithm of Google's Page Rank.
I only know one thing.
PageRank is what Google uses to determine the importance of a web page.
Pretty much of an ego-booster, eh?
Hahaha!

Just in case you want to know more about Page Ranks, here are a few sources: